Living in an increasingly digitized world requires certain skills. Only people who know how to work with new media safely and with confidence can take full advantage of the opportunities presented by today’s knowledge and information society. As an international ICT corporation we feel we carry a special responsibility in this. We want to be more than just a company that provides society with infrastructure. As a reliable partner in all walks of life, we promote equal opportunities, thereby getting both society and our company ready for the future.
As a provider of telecommunications services, we live with and in a society increasingly characterized by digitization and the opportunities it brings. This particularly includes having constant access to information and global communication to an extent never seen before. That is why our primary goal is to give more people the opportunity to use ICT services and remove barriers. We provide offers for learning effectively, safely and at an individual level in order to encourage the enjoyment of communication and technology. Our efforts focus on all age groups, from children in preschool and students to seniors.
We support numerous digital education projects throughout the Group in which we help young people develop their skills and realize their potential. We contribute our digital technology expertise as an ICT service provider to these projects.
- Through the Teachtoday initiative we help teachers, school administrators and school social workers as well as parents and students use digital media to teach and learn by providing practical, everyday tips and materials, thereby encouraging the development of media skills.
- We offer schools throughout Germany free broadband connections as part of our Telekom@School initiative to give children and young people the opportunity to learn how to use digital media regardless of their background.
- Our "Yes, I can!" initiative, which was launched in 2009 and is currently run by an organization founded by Deutsche Telekom employees, sponsors projects and facilities that build the abilities and basic skills of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in order to promote equal opportunities.
- We support skills development in the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) from preschool to grant programs, through our Deutsche Telekom Stiftung foundation.
- In order to promote digital security, we commission studies on the Internet usage patterns of different user groups, contribute the findings to political discussions and pass them on to the general public in the form of information materials.