Fostering stakeholder engagement
We systematically encourage stakeholder engagement in our corporate activities. In 2011 we developed a strategy for stakeholder engagement in order to manage our various activities throughout the Group. The strategy is based on the three AA1000 principles developed by the NGO AccountAbility: materiality, inclusivity, and responsiveness. We reviewed compliance with these principles in 2013.
In order to ensure that our CR activities are designed effectively, we regularly assess how our stakeholders perceive and rate these activities. For this purpose, we particularly rely on our materiality process and CR topic monitoring.
Feedback from the stakeholder survey
Our ongoing stakeholder survey (To the survey) includes weighting topics (2016 results) and rating our sustainability performance as well as open questions. Below is a summary of feedback results for the period from January 2016 to December 2016 which we use to advance our CR activities.
Recommendations on how Deutsche Telekom can further improve its corporate responsibility:
- Stronger customer focus and improved customer service
- Providing transparent information to customers (e.g., on pricing) and increased focus on consumers
- Reduction of mobility-related emissions (pertaining to CO2 emissions, fine dust particles and NO2 emissions)
- Stronger focus of our CR activities in line with our core business
- More intensive involvement of our employees
- More activities focused on media literacy
- Expanding our sustainable product portfolio and increased communication efforts
Requirements concerning the sustainability of Deutsche Telekom products:
- Option to recycle at the end of the product life cycle
- Guaranteeing data privacy and security
- Transparent product information
Requirements on network expansion:
- Improving network quality
- More affordable access for all market participants
Expectations on sustainability rating in the supply chain
- Placing more importance on sustainability criteria in procurement
Suggestions for strengthening commitment to sustainability among employees and in the corporate culture:
- Increasing trust in secure workstations
- Promoting equal opportunity (e.g., of women in technical professions)
- Good working conditions throughout the Group
Requests and suggestions for improved reporting:
- More active marketing of the CR report (e.g., via social networks)
- Shortening the CR report (e.g., focusing more intensively on material aspects)
- Creating a newsletter for people interested in sustainability
Focus on dialog: Group website and CR report
In 2016, we placed even greater emphasis on dialog with our stakeholders in our CR report and on our company website at www.telekom.com.
With our 2016 online CR report, we are making it even easier for our readers to get in touch with us and provide us with direct feedback on our sustainability performance: Selected articles include a comment function. You can give us feedback or ask questions, which will be answered by Deutsche Telekom experts. An overview of all comments arranged by topic is available under the sub-section "Expert forum“.
With the relaunch of our www.telekom.com corporate website, we revamped our online presence in 2016. The website features a new design, new functions and advanced dialog and service offerings. The heart of the new design is the feed, which consolidates all the latest news from the Group, turning our corporate website into a digital hub. The feed content includes articles from the website, along with posts from Deutsche Telekom's various social media channels. All information about our company and the dialog options on offer are now presented in real time, directly on our home page. Visitors are encouraged to comment and discuss a variety of topics. A dynamic question-and-answer module (FAQs) helps interested visitors quickly find answers to their questions. Questions can also be sent directly to the website's editorial staff.
Both the CR report and website are fully responsive, enabling convenient use on any device – smartphones, tablets, laptops or desktop computers.