S.A. de C.V.
Alex López de la Peña
T-Systems Mexico S.A. de C.V.
At T-Systems Mexico, we are committed to implementing sustainability along our entire value chain and to playing an important role in meeting today’s environmental, economic and social challenges. We focus on shared values and exemplify them to our collaborators and clients through the services we provide.
We support Deutsche Telekom’s strategy by acting as a benchmark for people and institutions on matters relating to social inclusion, education, culture, and the environment. We strive to achieve digital inclusion and social equality through a range of different initiatives, development of innovative projects, andproviding support and resources to each area of commitment. We see our role as an agent of change for our collaborators, clients, and partners, and we work together in coordinating efforts and generating maximum social impact to build an efficient, flexible and transparent organization.
We consumed 625 megawatts with 100 percent renewable energy in 2021.
852 metric tons of CO2 saved
We emitted 852 metric tons of CO2 fewer compared to 2020.
Several startups promoted
In 2021, we promoted Codes 2021, five startups from different states of the country.
Key facts at a glance
Awards and memberships
- Certification Great Place to Work – “A great place to work is one where you trust the people you work for, are proud of what you do, and enjoy the people you work with.” This is a ranking that draws up and publishes lists of the best companies to work for in a range of different countries. The ranking is based on analysis of the organizational climate in each of the participating companies.
- T-Systems was granted the Socially Responsible Company Distinction (ESR) for the fourth consecutive year. This distinction is given to leading companies that have their dedication to contributing social value as part of their operations accredited and recognized in the public domain. They must also make a voluntary and public commitment to the topics: quality of life in the company, business ethics, linking the company with the community, care and preservation of the environment, and management of CR.
- Certificate of Labor Equality and Non-Discrimination – We underwent an auditing process carried out by the Inter-institutional Council made up of the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (STPS), the National Institute of Women (Inmujeres), and the National Council for Prevention of Discrimination (Conapred).
- Over a period of several years, T-Systems Mexico has been part of the Mexican Association of the Information Technology Industry (AMITI). Since August 2021, we have been part of the subcommittee on Girls and Women in ICT of the AMITI WIT. Apart from using it as a network to link up with other companies in the sector, the main objective of our participation in the subcommittee is to promote inclusion and gender equality at T-Systems. This includes launching an initiative giving talks to girls and young people on IT topics, while also familiarizing them with technology and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) careers.
- CAMEXA is the Mexican-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry. T-Systems is a partner company within CAMEXA promoting diversity and inclusion. The CAMEXA initiative aims to create a cooperation network and foster integration of companies on diversity and inclusion issues through exchanges that facilitate the generation of synergies and initiatives in business. The goal is to publish best practices relating to these important topics.
Quality education for students and families (SDG 4)
Promotion of high-quality education by rolling out the “Teaching for Mexico” program
This program has been developed in collaboration with the Association “Enseña por México” and it focuses on teaching students and families. Various projects are put forward and the institution chooses one in each of various areas to receive support.
Gender equality (SDG 5)
Fostering gender equality through involvement in various networks and by implementing measures. These include:
- Global Community of Diversity DT:
The goal of the community is to achieve gender equality through a policy of diversity and inclusion. It demonstrates our commitment to promoting equality between our employees and our community.
CAMEXA is the Mexican – German Chamber of Commerce and Industry. T-Systems is a partner company within CAMEXA promoting diversity and inclusion. The CAMEXA initiative aims to create a cooperation network and foster integration of companies on diversity and inclusion issues through exchanges that facilitate the generation of synergies and initiatives in business. The goal is to publish best practices relating to diversity and inclusion.
- Mexican Association of the Information Technology Industry (AMITI):
Since August 2021, we have been part of the subcommittee on Girls and Women in ICT of the AMITI WIT. Apart from using it as a network to link up with other companies in the sector, the main objective of our participation in the subcommittee is to promote inclusion and gender equality at T-Systems. This includes launching an initiative giving talks to girls and young people on IT topics, while also familiarizing them with technology and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) careers.
Affordable energy (SDG 7)
We purchase renewable energy through I-REC certificates. Having renewable energy certificates is an achievement in Mexico because the Federal Government made changes in the reform and this affects the purchase of renewable energy and certificates.
LEED Certification of the Tandra Building
In 2020, we moved to the Tandra Building during the coronavirus pandemic. This building has been awarded the certificate Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. This is a certification system for sustainable buildings, developed by the United States Green Building Council (US Green Building Council).
The system defines a set of rules on the use of strategies aimed at sustainability in all kinds of buildings. It fosters projects incorporating aspects related to energy efficiency, the use of alternative energies, improvement in indoor environmental quality, efficiency of water consumption, sustainable development of open spaces, and material selection.
Decent work and green growth (SDG 8)
We promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for everyone involved with T-Systems: employees, suppliers, and customers.
We align with UN priorities by looking after migrant workers, protection of labor rights, MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises), formalization of the informal economy, wage inequality, full employment, elimination of all forms of child labor and unemployment among young people.
We support our employees through transformation of the working environment and corporate culture. Our aim is to forge a partnership to shape this together. A paradigmatic initiative has been to establish the TS Community. This offers digital training opportunities, promotes empowerment and responsibility, enhances transparency with our customers, fosters a Telekom mindset, participates in social networks, supports our managers and provides an HR Guide.
There are several internal projects that seek to encourage employees in various areas ranging from personal development to how to improve their quality of life. “Percipio and Coursera” exemplifies this approach. It provides a suite of courses leading to certificates after successful completion of each course. The initiative also develops channels for improving the service to Clients. There are also talks on Successful Client Cases. Virtual meetings provide all our employees with a forum where they can talk about their companies and colleagues can ask them questions.
Other projects aligned with the same objective are listed below:
- Socially Responsible Distinctive
- Great Place to Work
- Health Month
- Total Health Program
- We Work New
- ViDA (Virtual Work System)
- Flex Office
- CODIGOS: This initiative was launched by T-Systems with the support of important information and digital technology companies. It seeks to identify, strengthen and promote enterprises with social objectives and a technological base to create solutions directed toward a new, more digital and inclusive reality for all Mexicans.
Industry, innovation and infrastructure (SDG 9)
We promote the goals of SDG 9 “Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure” through our innovative products and solutions. Examples from the reporting year include:
- Ethical guide to A.I.
This is an Artificial Intelligence project highlighting the protocols and rules in a system controlled by A.I.
- Syrah adoption
This shared application enables you to review the KPIs and differentiators of a company in relation to its results in Corporate Responsibility. The application was launched in collaboration with other LBUs.
- Datacenter (Green Certifications)
Our Datacenter provider currently has several certifications in Green DC, CEEDA (Certified Energy Efficient Datacenter Award), ISO 14001, ICREA (International Computer Room Experts’ Association).
- Innovation and infrastructure
Cooperation agreements are in place with various clients including Microsoft. These entities work together to develop a variety of solutions. Internal programs reduce the carbon footprint, for example by disposing of obsolete equipment in an ecofriendly way through cooperation with dedicated specialist companies and professionals. Various programs have been specially designed to meet clients’ needs.
Climate action (SGD 13)
We implement various climate protection measures, including:
- Recycling, sale, and donation of used and obsolete equipment:
T-Systems México has a rolling program involving donation of obsolete equipment in good condition to educational institutions, not-for-profit organizations and foundations with limited resources in order to promote collaboration among the beneficiaries. A permanent disposal program also operates with a professional company specializing in ecofriendly recycling for end-of-life equipment. The company is certified by state and federal environmental authorities.
- LED and smart lighting:
We cut down energy consumption by rolling out new technologies in lighting and air systems.
- Low paper consumption:
An internal campaign targets reduction of paper consumption, avoidance of wear and tear, and excessive use of toner cartridges.
Peace, justice and strong institutions (SDG 16)
The objective of this mission is to update all our policies and provide access to all employees, clients, and suppliers in order to promote and improve internal processes. A further aim is to make clients aware of the transparency and efficiency of our services. This generates more projects and the benefit is more satisfied clients.
The following guidelines are included:
- Risk Prevention Policy NOM 035
- Policy of Respect for Integrity
- Code of Ethics
- Global Procurement Policy
- Compliance Manual
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Guiding Principles
- ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management System
- Policy of Acceptance and granting of benefits
Violations of our guidelines can be reported at any time on the “Ask me and Tell me portals.”
We also run awareness campaigns and offer Living Culture workshops, along with the team workshop “Heaven & Hell.”
ISO 37001:2016 Anti-bribery Management Systems
Great Place to Work
ESR, Socially Responsible Company Distinction for the fourth consecutive year
Labor Equality and Non-discrimination Certificate NMX-R-025-SCFI-2015
„Sostenibilidad en T-Systems“