FENIX = Federated European Network of Information eXchange in LogistiX
- More transparency through real-time information
- Standardized interfaces for ETA, etc.
- Innovative software modules (SDK) from the cloud
- Intermodal transport solutions within EU guidelines
Development, testing and validating practice-relevant services, e.g.:
- Container arrival times (ETA)
- Digitization of customs systems
- CO2 monitoring
- Overcome the fragmented goods transportation causing economic bottlenecks in the EU member states
- Harmonize and optimize cross-border logistics along selected European transport corridors
- Establish ICT standards for seamless communication of cargo flow addressing all modes of transport
for example, use the patented system in China and Europe and have reduced harmful emissions by an average of 20 percent (saving of 468 kg CO2 per HGV within one month). Fuel costs also went down by as much as 15 percent. This solution starts by analyzing
individual driver behavior. The app helps drivers to develop a more environmentally focused driving style. A cloud backend with corresponding dashboards helps fleet operators to manage their vehicle fleets as efficiently as possible (including up-to-date positioning of each vehicle).
In 11/2020, LCMM has been awarded with the "#GreenMagenta" label of Deutsche Telekom.
Impact measurement: EcoSIM
The offer pays off on the following SDGs:
· SDG 12 - Using recycled material instead of virgin plastic
With an annual sales volume of 9 million SIM cards, we save 81 tCO2e annually with the EcoSIM.
We have labeled this solution #GreenMagenta.
Achieving more together: international collaboration
How can international corporations put sustainability strategies into practice across borders? Deutsche Telekom employs CR managers for the relevant business segments and national companies to reach this goal. They use the CR Manager Network to regularly share best practices and discuss new challenges, thereby jointly promoting essential CR issues. The central Group Corporate Responsibility (GCR) department is responsible for managing the network. In the year 2021, the CR Manager Network encompassed more than 100 CR Manager from 34 subsidiaries based in 20 countries across the globe.
The participants are regularly invited to virtual meetings and capacity building calls by Group Corporate Responsibility. In 2021, content and likely implications of the EU Green Deal were discussed as well as progress within the #GreenMagenta programs and the new strategic stream "Positive impact on society" defined by the EU segment. Furthermore, the network members could gain insights into issues like Impact measurement and the future of a greener mobility.